How To Trigger A Popup From A Nav Menu Item
Triggering a popup from a nav menu item is easy to do.
Create the Popup
- First, create your popup.
- In the Advanced tab of the Popup Settings, add a class name (with the preceding dot) into the Open By Selector field. For this example, we’ll enter .break-free
- Now publish the popup and set the Display Conditions. If the menu is in a sitewide header, set the Display Conditions to Entire Site. If the menu is on a specific page, set the Display Conditions to that specific page (Singular > Pages > search and select your page).
- Ensure that no Triggers or Advanced Rules are set for your popup.
Edit The Menu Item
- Next, edit your WordPress menu located at Appearance > Menus.
- Open the Screen Option tab located in the upper right corner.
- Check the CSS Classes box. This will allow you to add a CSS class to any menu item.
- Edit the menu item that will trigger the popup.
- Add the class name you assigned in the popup in the CSS Classes field for that menu item (without the preceding dot). For this example, we’ll enter break-free
That’s it! Now, when a user clicks the Break Free Now menu item, the popup you designed will be triggered.