Build Your First Page
Elementor uses three main building blocks: Sections, Columns, and Widgets.
Sections are the largest building blocks, and inside them are groups of Columns. Columns sit inside of Sections and are used to house the Widgets. Widgets are placed inside of Columns.
You control the Section, Column, and Widgets with their handle.
You can choose to show or hide the editing handles by clicking the hamburger menu to open Elementor's Style & Settings Configuration menu. Click the Preferences tab and slide the switch to Yes to show Editing Handles when hovering over the element's edit button or No to hide the handles on hover.
To edit the Section, Column, or Widget, Right Click their handle.
- Click the icon to create a Section, or click the icon to use a pre-designed Page or Block from our library
- Set your Column structure
- Right click to Edit, Duplicate, Copy, Delete etc.
Use the Section handle to: add a section, drag a section, or delete.
- Set the Columns Width. You can do it under Layout, or drag the dashed line between the Columns.
- To add more Columns Right Click > Add New Column
- Insert Widgets to your Columns
- Insert Widgets inside your Columns
- A Widget width is set by the Column width
Next step - Insert templates to your page