Global Widget (Pro)
A Global Widget gives you full control over a specific widget that is displayed in multiple places on your site. Editing it in one place will instantly update the rest.
For example, let’s say you’ve edited and designed a Testimonial widget on one page, and you now want to use your creation on many other pages on your site. Simply save it as a Global Widget and then drag your new widget onto any page. You can then edit all of them at once by editing the global widget.
Create a Global Widget
- Right Click the widget’s handle and click on Save as a Global
- Name your new global template and click the Save button
Edit a Global Widget
Once the widget is saved as a global widget it is instantly surrounded by a yellow border instead of the standard blue border. In addition, in the panel, all of the saved global widgets are displayed as a two column widget list.
To edit the global widget, Right Click the widget’s handle
You’ll see the message “ This is a global widget and is now locked”
- Clicking Edit global widget allows editing the global widget. Any changes made here will instantly update all the places in which the global widget is placed on the site
- Clicking Unlink from global will unlink the widget from the rest of the global widgets, and let you edit only the specific widget, without affecting all other global widgets.
Insert a Global Widget
There is a number of ways to insert a global widget to other places on your site:
- On the new page click Global, and drag a global widget to your page.
Wordpress widgets area:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Add the Elementor Library Widget to the area you want (footer, sidebar, etc.)
- Click the dropdown and pick the template or global widget you want to use.
- Go to Templates > Saved Templates > Global Widget.
- Copy the Shortcode
- Paste it in any area that supports shortcodes.
How to delete the Global Widget
Templates > Saved Templates
and delete the widget.
Important! Notice that deleting a Global Widget will delete it from everywhere.